Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Going underground with Zone Mortalis...

 ...and/or Kill Team, Mordheim (this stuff SCREAMS Skaven of which I still have hordes of), Necromunda (ah yes, the good ol' sump...), Turnip28 (more on this later), and just about anything else I can think of. The pic below is from Alter3Dimensya of my first batch of terrain. 

I can totally see myself selling an army to finance the purchase of enough of these to fill up my gaming table!


There isn't a 'map' available of the starter set, so I just winged it and ordered that and 1-2 of every available piece. The above is what that all amounted to (the mini is just for scale). Interlocking like a puzzle and completely modular, I may end up ordering more before this first order even arrives!

Also, I'm going to need a lot of paint for whatever color scheme I decide to use on it. Various shades of brown? 50 Shades of grey? Or white and greys to represent something like Hoth? 

I guess we will see, regardless I already know that I NEED MOAR!!

7 comments:

Kushial said...

Totally different route, tech it up a bit and wah-la Hephestus II for Battletech.

Da Masta Cheef said...

As generic caverns, there's really no 'tech' required.

A battle of cave fighting Urbanmechs sounds like a hoot actually!

neverness said...

That looks fun and different.

...those sound like famous last words, yes?

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, I'm sure that there is a tombstone somewhere with those words engraved on it.

Kushial said...

It's right between the one that says "Here, hold my beer" and the one that says "You wanna bet?"

Monkeychuka said...

Interesting. D&D? I can't tell the scale tho.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Monkeychuka: It could work for D&D as well I think (not that I play that anymore). I am also thinking it'll be perfect for 15mm gaming. I believe that mini is on a 25mm base, but not sure. Am holding off on ordering anymore until I get these in and see the actual scale for myself. Not sure if I'll be able to get the newer 32mm bases in those passage ways or not.

@Kushial: No doubt, lol.