Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Hogs & Ends

 o/

Here of late, aside from painting Battletech minis (which is no longer in the purview of this blog) I haven't been doing much hobbying outside of just buying stuff. Several recent purchases were showcased in Neverness' recent battle report in the form of a few newly added Aeldari Eldar Corsairs with spar-glaives (a CCW that confers +1 attack), a Warlock conversion, and a beautifully painted (or perhaps wrapped?) Falcon. 


Pic taken straight from the eBay auction.

Still, the space elves needed a bit more anti-tank weaponry as was sorely evidenced in that game and as such the above minis are traveling in my direction via the webway as we speak...


Zzzzzz's 'Xi' standing proud atop the 'Brick of Scrutiny'. This is the mini that lead me on a somewhat on again, off again (but ultimately successful) search.

I've recently found, and summarily ordered the old, wasteland scavenger mini (pictured above) that I first spotted on Devos IV. No idea what I'll do with it, but I do love the mini. Having a bit of an AdMech-esque (or possibly a Heretek?) appearance, I've dubbed him Dev0504 in recognition of Zzzzzz bringing this mini to my attention.

Lastly, I scrounged up enough 25mm non-slotta bases to invert and glue in my Tarrelian Hog Soldiers (and their non-removable integrated bases). I then added the Tau Breacher shoulder pads as of all of the fire warrior shoulder guard types, those fit best regardless of which side they're on. The originally painted hog, and one other (wearing 2 shoulder guards designating it the Shas'ui equivalent) had their base gaps filled in with my mortal enemy: green stuff. 


The Greater Good is not above using some hired swine as cannon fodder.

Recently though, Neverness mentioned the use of filing in gaps with Elmer's glue. That's a method I used long ago and pretty much had forgotten about at some point. Thus I duly chose to do that here, though having watched one to many an episode of the Great British Bakeoff, it felt as though I was piping royal icing onto the bases rather than it did glue, lol.  


It was a toss up between this and a couple Forgeworld titans. I mean let's face it: the cost was roughly the same. I'm just hoping I made the right decision... 

Amongst my recent purchases is my new (to me) 2020 Subaru Forester. As such, in light of this last purchase, my little spending spree is now officially at an end. 

1 comment:

Zzzzzz said...

Dev0504 ?

Who couldn't love that ?