Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Six more for the horde.


The army is shaping up nicely. With the exception of the Kroot carnivore squad, these six minis are the last of my to-be-painted 'Troops' models. That totals out to 44 painted models in...a month and a half or so!

I have no idea when I've last had this many minis for ANY game system, painted all in the same color scheme...

The last two breachers and a fire warrior tossing a grenade (that according to Battlescribe he no longer has). The latter will replace the original fire warrior that inspired this army, yet doesn't quite match him. Thus that O.G. has returned to guarding my desk at work. 

So far this week, I've assembled most of the Pathfinder squad, and may start painting my XV8 equipped commander. Barring any future (though much needed) vehicular and battlesuit additions, the commander and pathfinders are all that I have left to paint in these colors and it's none too soon let me tell you!

My non-standard 'wifi hot-spot' marker drone. I believe it once belonged to Commander Shadowsun.

Nowadays, the Guardian drone essentially gives fire warriors the Tau equivalent of Trans-human physiology. Suck it space marines, you only get that as a strategem!

My army is a bit light on drones, but as you can see I do have a few (the pathfinder sprues come with three). I also have this one Support turret which takes an action to deploy. There are an awful lot of actions in 40k these days. Markerlights, support turrets, and I'm sure quite a bit more. 

So do you suppose it's collapsible or something? Maybe its inflatable like a bouncy house... 

As for the aforementionedmarkerlights and turret, the 'action' is essentially don't move. Did we seriously, need a game mechanic with specific rules that amounted to not moving?  Dumb. 

The rocket pod's back blast has not only scorched the backside of the turret, but its killed that little tuft as well. 



2 comments:

Monkeychuka said...

Waaa... For the Greater Good! I didn't know Tau had a scorched earth policy.

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, oh that's well hidden in the fine print of the Water Caste's Welcome to the Greater Good' welcome packet (page 486, addendum 3, sub section 9, 10-15 lines down if I recall correctly).