Thursday, August 3, 2023

My 2023 Inquisitorial Conclave entry

 o/

The Elucidian Desert Striders?

If so, then I'm guessing that those bits of machinery on their backs are portable air conditioners.

This year I shall be working on a squad of the Blackstone Fortress' Voidsmen-at-arms for Neverness' Inquisitorial conclave. They're great models that I picked up off of eBay once they were rereleased for Kill Team. Prior to that they were laughably astronomical (pun intended) in price. That said, I didn't get the canine as that particular model still is. 

I'm sure you've already noted that the squad leader is injured. I wasn't too keen on the massive, over-sized shotgun, and decided on a conversion after WestRider took a knife to hers.

Originally, I had intended to paint this squad up to match Inquisitor Wezley Sharlz Vinderthoff the III. While the gaudy red trimmed with gold works on him, it was looking terrible on these guys and so into the exile of my miniature case they went. 

I kinda wished the stats for this gun were closer to a heavy stubber with a higher rate of fire than the mini-assault cannon that it is. 

Tuesday, I reprimed them in tan and will make them look like something a bit more militaristic looking...if that's the right word. Honestly, I'm thinking that I'll dig deep, deep into my memory banks and paint them up as an updated version of my original Imperial Guard army: The Mordian Iron Guard.

This lady is actually my favorite sculpt out of the whole squad.

My Mordians, were jokingly referred to as the Africa Korps by my opponents due to their desert tan color scheme. I think these Voidsmen (and woman) will make for an intriguing homage to that long lost army. So stay tuned!

These two paints most closely resemble the bubonic brown uniforms and goblin green trim of my 2nd edition Mordians.


2 comments:

Dai said...

Wanted these sculpts so badly when they were originally released for Kill Team Rogue Trader. (Wanted the Nurgle figs too - just wasnt in the budget at the time sadly) So much cool character to them all and they fit the INQ28/Inquisimunda aesthetic so well.

Love the scheme idea you'd outlined here and am eager to see how they turn out!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks Dai!