Thursday, March 18, 2010

Banner (version 243.5)

At least that's what it feels like. I close a document, look @ my desktop, and theres icons for logos, banners and portions thereof all over the place. Kinda mind boggling. Anyways, as you can see, I went off in a totally different direction this time around, aaaaand I think I like this a bit more.

As I've stated in the past, 'Da Long Wayz Dezert Groop' name was inspired by the famed WWII British recon unit known as the 'Long Range Desert Group'. The LRDG logo was a gold ring with a gold scorpion inside of it, and the initials 'LRDG' under the scorpion. So, going with that in mind I came up with the above logo. The squig was an image I pulled out of a google search, 'traced' in Adobe Illustrator, and the tweaked a bit. The Rest was also done in Illustrator. I dropped the gold instead just sampling colors out of the squig image.

So with that out of the way for the moment, I'll try to get my posts back to miniatures next time around (as opposed to focusing on my 'window decorations').

No comments: