Thursday, December 16, 2010

Red kans run fasta!



o/

Just a quick post this morning as I don't have much to show for the past few days. As you can see I finished the first of my new plastic kans. The sprues look rather bedazzling with all of their parts at first, but it was rather easy to assemble. I figured red would be a good color to start off with as walkers are relatively slow (although like everything else in my army, expect to see a rainbow of colors on the next 5 kans). That said, I was telling a friend of mine the other night that the deep red & kinda orangey yellow bring to mind the colors of a McDonalds french fry container (see, that stuff is bad for your health).

I put a partial/damaged battle cannon barrel and turret hatch on the base painted in the colors of my renegade IG. Regardless of whether they're loyalists or renegades, to Orks 'oomies iz oomies'. I also recently sold the renegade Leman Russ, so this base can sorta explain it's disappearance...

3 comments:

Loquacious said...

I like the "dusty" red color here. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Love the Kans. Nice touch on the base as well.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks!

Looks like we're going to have a 'paint night' tomorrow evening as DH is done till after Christmas. So I may see if I can get another kan started for that.