Monday, May 28, 2018

So the' new guy' says: I have a Golden Daemon painted army...


Okay, so nothing new here right? Usually the standard operating procedure of many gamers coming into a new group is to show off their paint jobs. If they're better than the local's minis then the'll get the obligatory they'll oohs and ahhs. If not they'll generally be nice and act impressed anyways. I've found this to be kinda the norm.

So the new guy in question, Micheal,  the same guy I mentioned in my adapt to 8th ed or die post, well we finally got to meet up at the FLGS this past Saturday night. However prior to that, he said (quote) Have a golden daemon painted army, all of it. 

That...is a pretty strong statement, and I'm not going to lie, I had a side convo with Rob about ebay's infamous pro-painted armies and the like, figuring it would be like that. I was sure it was a nice looking army though, and he was just embellishing a bit as we all do (though perhaps not quite that much). Well, I got to the FLGS an then...

OH.
MY.
GOD.

Okay, now I've seen some amazing armies in my time, but...but this is...well enough of my rambling, here see for yourself:


The free handing on that banner...





The passengers are magnetized to show when  they've disembarked. 




 



I hate this model, but those windows...






Some would say that an army/collection like this is an inspiration. Not to me, this is so far outta my league that I've never aspired to such heights! Seriously, its just unbelievable, and my cell phone pics do it no justice!! I teamed up with these minis for another 8th ed game, which I'll detail in my next post.

8 comments:

Monkeychuka said...

Sweet, merciful Emperor! You make a grown man cry.

neverness said...

I got to see them too, later that evening when they were playing. This is a wonderful, jaw-dropping collection that needs to be seen in person. It was great to meet you Michael, and your miniatures too! I hope I get to play a game with him in the future.

CounterFett said...

Armies like these are the opposite of inspirational, in that it is so much better than I am capable, it causes despair. Sigh.

Those Boba Fett and Justice league marines though. Lol.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Monkey Chuka: It's not me! I'm right there crying along side ya!

@Neverness: I agree on all counts!

@Counterfett: Same here. I wouldn't even know where to begin to paint like this!

Admiral Drax said...

Wow. Just--

Wow.

WestRider said...

To quote Keanu Reeves: "whoa."

I also find it amusing how most of it is more or less standard DA, and then you've got Nuke and The Comedian and Boba Fett and a bunch of other DC characters in there :D

Da Masta Cheef said...

Yeah the super heroes aren't part of the army, rather just a bit of a show and tell which everyone loved all the same!

Zzzzzz said...

Even though they're DA, they're lovely. Filthy heretics, the Justice League will take care of them !