Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Primaris marines have landed!


Yay?


Leading from the front
is only for the obsolete
space marines!
As I've stated previously, I like the basic Primaris marine minis and I'm making another (perhaps futile?) attempt to try and like 8th ed. Thus I picked up a Lieutenant along with a cheap squad of seven Intercessors to integrate into what is/was my Rainbow Warriors Kill Team.

Lieutenant Budderbarz will temporarily serve as the army commander and is armed with a master-crafted Stalker pattern bolt rifle. Being armed with a 'heavy' weapon, he'll be a more sensible Space Marine commander who hangs back and directs traffic whilst supporting his troops with covering fire rather than just charging headlong into every fray.


Options? We don't need no stinkin' options!

The squad is just a bunch of no-frills grunts (not that their codex entry really allows for any). These additions along with my Predator, and a sqaud of tac marines borrowed from my unpainted 30k stocks will flesh out my Rainbow Warriors to the 1k mark, which is a decent enough starter force. However, aside from a captain that's already on order, I have no plans for this army's expansion beyond these minis (and its probable 30k will steal it's minis back assuming I ever get everything painted!). 





5 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Nice! I really enjoyed painting the Primaris marines, the basic dudes are really what I wanted for true-scale marines. I'm less taken by some of the other models in the line, but they're growing on me!

neverness said...

I found them to be refreshingly easy to paint and I was pleased with the end results. I have yet to use them in a game through.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Mordian: Agreed, the captain, jump pack and pseudo-centurion minis are unappealing (though in the latter case still MUCH BETTER than actual centurions).

@Neverness: I'll kill 'em soon enough...lol, maybe.

neverness said...

Hopes and dreams. 😉

Da Masta Cheef said...

Rainbows are full of them!