Thursday, June 27, 2019

My Eldar recollection...

Given that this minis 1st battle will be vs. Neverness, those ought to be Space Marine helms decorating the base, but I didn't have any handy.

What recollection you ask? Well, to put it simply: I fucking hate assembling Guardians! My sausage fingers (several of which are now covered in glue) just don't do well at all with those fiddly little antennae on their backs. Why did those need to be separate pieces again? Oh that's right, they didn't


Looking at the clock I'm then left asking myself: 
it took how long to assemble one friggin' mini?!?

Grrrr....

 To top it off, this is a Corsair. Ya know, the one and only army to die with the release of 8th ed., yeah those guys. Now they're just a few, vastly overpriced squads (well, when you have footsloggers armed with lasblasters like I do).  Oh well. For all that, with a 24" range he's more likely to kill some Space Wolves mon'keigh dogs with this than my other grunt with the fusion blaster is. 

Oh, and in case you were wondering, this month has been brutal, and as such, aside from that earlier game of X-WIng this one mini has been the extent of my hobbying. :-(

1 comment:

WestRider said...

It did come out pretty well at least, so there's that!

And I've always felt that Guardians should have been the ones to get the 24" basic weapon, while Drukhari Warriors should have had the 12" range.