Thursday, September 12, 2019

Universal Carrier is complete!

o/

I pilfered the decals from my defunct Eleventy First Weird War II army, and as such the Quar shall now bear that name in battle!

For once I actually followed thu and finished something when I said I would! (don't get used to it...) I finished up my universal carrier for for my Konflikt '47 Quar. Its a fairly simple (and tiny!) tank to paint, but was enjoyable nonetheless. Especially as its so rare that I paint a 28mm scaled tank of any sort these days. 

The homes of the Quar's country folk bear a striking resemblance to Hobbit homes, so the Hobbit door/roundel is actually quite appropriate.

Aside from the box art and the standard google search of images, I looked to both Admiral Drax and Neverness for some painting inspiration. Of course it wasn't all that hard I suppose, as this is really just a little OD green box on treads, but sometimes its fun to see what others have done with this same model first. 

Note the troop compartment's grubby interior.

Borrowing from Neverness (and I'm doing so heavily in this post) I opted for some outside/natural light photos of the finished carrier. Furthermore, I took a page straight out of his playbook since he isn't using it himself currently (though admittedly not by choice) and took some 'on patrol' pics in what he so eloquently calls Backyardistan, lol.

Over there! I heard something over there!

Hunkered down in concealed positions. 

Conveniently for this pic (and not needing to mow Backyardistan) it hasn't rained in weeks resulting in these 'picturesque' dead spots. 

I had cobbled together a Tesla AT gun for this carrier to tow but I dunno, I'm not too thrilled with it. So I may just skip using that and for the time being use this as the in-between-games-personal transport for my Lt. and FO., and as a recon/harasser in games (assuming that I ever actually play one)


4 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Awesome work, man - That looks fantastic!

WestRider said...

Nice looking little green box on treads! The Backyardistan pics are a great touch.

Monkeychuka said...

What the.. are there Skeksis driving that thing?!

Da Masta Cheef said...

lolz! I kid you not but my wife actually said the same thing!

QUar are far more cuddly looking than Skeksis, though probably no less power hungry or militant.