Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Traveling to the Galaxy's Edge

 o/

An AT-AT, from the infantry's perspective...

Nope, no painting from me here of late. Last week I was on my honeymoon in Orlando and after spending most of the week with Mickey, we rounded out our stay with a visit to Disney's Hollywood Studios, mainly to visit the Galaxy's Edge. 

I think I need to paint a SW Legion R2 Astromech up like this.

I only went on 1 ride as 70 minutes is pretty much my limit on waiting for one (it was Spring Break after all), though my Best Man Screech and Loren, my wife's Maid of Honor had no such limits and went off to enjoy the other Star Wars rides waiting 2 hours apiece for them! 

For those wondering, we had a destination wedding in Orlando, and thus our small bridal party joined us on said honeymoon.

Left to Right: Conor our officiant, Loren, myself and my wife Kristy, her our son Frankie, and Screech. My uncle Claude was also present, just on the other side of the camera.

Long lines aside, the place is AMAZING!!! As such, this post is just to share a few pics from the The Galaxy's Edge (leaving out the seemingly hundreds more from the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, the wedding itself & more...). 

The AT-AT's chin cannons fired streams of water at passers by.

Apparently Han & Chewie were hauling strollers.

I didn't get to see Po Dameron's black T-70 X-Wing as there was a 2-hour wait to get to it.

The souvenir shops were all fantastically done in an Outer Rim market look!

Just one of the many impressive displays tucked away in a gift shop.

I have one of these made out of legos. 

The soda bottles look like thermal detonators!

I could post many, many more but in the end they do they place no justice. Rather you should go & see it for yourself, just not during spring break. 



No comments: