Thursday, October 26, 2023

Black Dragons Ballistus Dreadnought for Dreadtober 2023 is Complete!

 o/

Its well after dark, so my apologies for no outdoors/natural lighting pics.

This time around my buddy Neverness crossed the finish line ahead of me, but I wasn't too far behind. Technically this isn't 100% done as I still need to matte varnish it and the 'ard coat the few shiny bits. However those details are negligible in the grand scheme of things and due to a busy schedule, I likely won't get to that till the weekend at the earliest. 

Some paint chipping was added to the shoulder stripes for some visual interest.

Speaking of that busy schedule, my beautiful and insanely smart wife defends her dissertation for her PhD in Biomedical Sciences tomorrow. She's almost done, wish her luck! 

Rather than prattle on about this project which I've already covered fairly well in its first three parts, I'll let the pics do the talking (well, and maybe the captions). 

Went kinda basic on the side the normally I only see.

The same paint chipping treatment was given to the other arm.

A close up of Olen's name banner, I got it on the first try!

Close up of the alien flora on the base...

...and again on the front of the base.

Many thanks to Marc and all of the other participants (many of whom's projects put mine to shame) for giving me the impetus to paint up the Venerable and Mighty Olen, of the Black Dragons.

4 comments:

neverness said...

Well done indeed! Is he on the world that supplies the Imperium with aquarium rocks?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Well, all those aquarium plants-turned-table top terrain have gotta come from somewhere.

XarfaiEngel said...

Great work on the chipping over the transfers / stripes. Ties them in really nicely!
I also really like the base. Good to see colours beside the usual!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks Xarfa!!!