Monday, October 28, 2013

ALWAYS ANGRY!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

o/

Just a quick post this morning. Whilst I did get a game in this weekend, I didin't take any photos of it, Neverness snapped a few, but they're lost in the warp presumably. No matter since Mac (not 'Matt') and his Ultramarines thoroughly pasted my GF's Fem Fa'Tau and their erstwhile allies, the ANGRY MARINES!!! lol.

The yellow came out as more of a desert tan, than the bright, screaming 'I WANNA BE AN IMPERIAL FIST' yellow that the Angry Marines normally wear. Its much easier to paint and looks better too I think.

The battlefield debut of my little Angry little allied contingent was...mediocre at best. Landing in a (stolen from the Storm Wardens) drop pod, two died to a plasma cannon shortly thereafter. The drop pod never managed to kill anything (unsurprising with a mere storm bolter). The Wolf Guard Battle Leader (aka: the Fist Fucker) left the Blood Claws (regular angry marines) to single handedly take down a small dev squad, but bit off more than he could chew when he tried the same with an entire assault squad.

The rest of the Angry Mahreenz charged a 5-man squad of Umarine scout snipers, and after 3 rounds, managed to kill all of them whilst losing about half their number in the process. They then went on, pistols blazing and hitting nothing (much like my Orks) to charge a second dev squad, which they tied up for the remainder of the game.

As I said, mediocre, but amusing nonetheless which is all I really was hoping for. Orks aside, my armies tend to lack dedicated assault elements, so hopefully these lunatics will fill that niche. I'm thinking of giving them my old landraider crusader which I haven't really done anything with in years...

Edit: Neverness came thru with a few pics, here are two for a few scenes from the battle:

Closing the distance via drop pod and teleport homer for the termies, this pic shows the beginning of the end for the Fem Fa'Tau...
The Angry Marines Arrive! The Dev squad in the foreground would fall to the Fist Fucker (excluding one plasma cannon gunner who committed Sepuku beforehand).

5 comments:

The Inner Geek said...

Poor performance indeed. No wonder they're so angry!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Indeed. Best they managed to do was tie up the Umarines long range firepower.

Mordian7th said...

Nice! Angry Marines always make me chuckle.

Kushial said...

So maybe they're just a successor chapter to the Angry Marines .... the Frustrated Marines or Irritated Marines.

Anonymous said...

Or....PMS marines....just as angry, but only for a few days a month....

Murl