Monday, October 2, 2017

DLWDG joins Dreadtober!


...and now with a digital gun to my head, I might actually do something productive on the hobby front!

Well, I presume I will, haven't heard back yet but I only emailed them about 15 minutes prior to typing out this post. Neverness posted a link to Dreadtober in our local gaming groups's FB page, asking if anyone was interested. About the only response though was Kushial who replied with a pic of his vast collection of Dreads (seriously dude, you need therapy)!

I on the other hand I have an old, woefully neglected dread that I haven't touched in a little over a year that seriously needs to be returned to glory! With the demise of my Alpha Legionnaires for 30k, this venerable beast will instead go to my fledgling 30k Salamanders army. Sorry Rainbow Warriors fanbois (all 2 of you), those guys are Kill Team only.

Here it stands is in its current state:

All of the constituent parts, primed (not green) and sorta ready....

I may tape off the mechanical bitz and reprime it green actually...

Whilst the missile launcher will be a welcome addition to the Salamander's dreadful (lolz) lack of anti-tank weaponry, that twin-heavy bolter is kinda superfluous.

Appropriately enough I was thinking of Neverness when I worked on this base, since as you can see those are Space Wolf bitz lying at its feet.

6 comments:

neverness said...

Ah, the Blood Claws were wondering where their comb went...

Dagreenskins said...

I am getting ready to write my first post about my dreadtober model. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks! Yes I think it'll be interesting to see what everyone come up with. Rather than reprime it, I started base coating last night. :-)

Mordian7th said...

Good stuff, man! Looking forward to seeing it come together!

Kushial said...

Hoping to get my second post for Dreadtober up on Thursday evening. I've made a lil progress last night and tonight, hoping to really make some progress on Thursday. And I do have therapy. Nothing is more calming that a legion of Dreadnoughts stomping all over stuff!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Stomping all over stuff? Recalls our one game of 8th ed....