Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Moving on...


...or trying to anyways.

I love this T-Shirt, and plan to wear it when I vote
in the presidential election later this year...

My hobby mojo has more or less up and wandered off. With my whole world in a current state of flux that's easily understandable I guess. I've painted a bit on the Coyotes' Razorback and the contrast on a large flat sided box netted the predictably bad results that I've had in the past with washes on rhinos. 

Bleh. When next you see this it will be predominantly black...

I've spent a fair bit of time on the ol' blog here of late waging a war of deletion vs. the fucking link SPAMMERS! In the past week or two, close to if not more than 300 SPAM comments have been deleted. Three spam blogger's blogs reported to blogger (try saying that line fast...), and one particularly annoying spammer's blog has been forwarded on to a hacker friend of mine who knew My Wolfy for decades and is rather annoyed that they took this particular point in time to bombard me. So in the highly unlikely event that said spammer actually reads any of this: have fun with my old and your new friend!

I've been browsing thru the various minis, bitz and bobs in and amongst my hobby area...the whole house really, but nothing draws me to want to paint on them (the above Razorback isn't helping either). Digging thru the piles, tossing out real life old stuff that honestly ought to have been sorted thru ages ago, I've managed to uncover a pair of hidden gems.

First up is the long buried (SEVEN YEARS?!?!...don't anyone tell Neverness ok? Great thanks) Pig Tank which, I'm inclined to just send to my buddy John at White Whale Studios Miniature Madness with the simple instructions of 'have at it'. I've mentioned the idea to him in the past, but will have to wait till I get all of my finances sorted out first. 

So much truth.

More to the present, I've also recovered my (probably equally long buried) Ork Fighta Bomma kit, all still new on the sprue. So...with no want to paint maybe I'll try gluing my fingers to some plastic instead. We'll see I suppose. 


Also a follow up to my last post: My Beloved Wolfy is both home and enshrined in our living room. As I told folks on Facebook, whilst she never quite explained her attachment to the Samurai display swords, she absolutely adored them! Also her beloved 'familiar' (kitty) Kiya is at her side, as well as the antique hourglass her late grandmother gave her.  

Just as she did in life, her urn now wears 'my heart' as well as two beautiful pendants that her father gave her. Sadly though, the dog tag styled one on the right was a recent gift that he wasn't able to give to her before she was gone. A casualty of the quarantine. 


Other than that, the only thing of recent note is I got a hair cut and will be donating my 17" pony tail (when straightened out) to Wigs for Kids

Till next time. o7

6 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Glad you are getting your (sharpened) head around things, cool urn, matches her hair colour which is nice. Wishing you positive vibes and best wishes Brother.

Waaargh Pug said...

Pig tank? What is with you and weird anthropomorphic animal soldiers? You're a secret furry, aren't you!? I knew it!

Nah I kid, I kid. Much love brother, mayhaps we get a game of something before 2020 is out (though let's be real probably not eh). Love that dumpster fire image.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Siph: Thanks & it does yes, doesn't it? As soon as I saw the selection of urns available I said 'That one!'

@WaaarghPug: WHAT!?! Them's fightin' words pal!! I'll give you a wallopin' for that! (assuming we ever get a chance to actually ever be around one another, much less game...)

Monkeychuka said...

Ok you've convinced me. I will never, ever use contrast paint on a vehicle. The shrine on the other hand looks great and a fitting tribute. You also look very respectable with no hair.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Monkeychuka: I was discussing this debacle on the phone with Zzzzz, he suggested using contrast medium in conjunction with the contract paint for things like this? Something like that. I'm going to just paint it black (cue the song) leaving a few portions in orange.

Also thank you & thank you.

Monkeychuka said...

I see a red door and I want to paint it black! Yep, investing in the contrast medium is a good move. You can do some very delicate effects with this and you don't have to do 'one thick coat' like GW says. You can use it as a wash.