Thursday, January 28, 2021

Making progress on painting up my caverns.

 o/

One of these is not like the others...

Welp, this project is going faster than I expected. After trying one or two color combos I just opted to go super easy, with a simple dry brushed layer of Bleached Bone over Testors Light Earth flat spray paint. 


Amusingly, my generic base flocking works quite well in the caves.


Mad Cap Mushrooms?

To break up the monotony, I've added a few little tufts here and there in a variety of colors representing alien shrooms, fungi, or flowers that apparently don't need any light. Several columns and wall sides are also 'ard coated to look wet but that doesn't show up in these pics. 


I have 2 of each type of entrance. 


No cave trolls spotted...yet.

The two cave entrances that I have painted thus far are flocked mainly on the outside and around the arch undersides, representing the forest beyond. 


The simple dry brushing really ties it all together nicely.


Zone Mortalis in 15mm!!

These are fairly quick and easy to do, and am batch painting them at a rate of a half dozen at a time. Already about a third of the way done, I'm hoping I can push thru the rest before running out of steam, with my hobby butterfly wandering off to paint something else. 

2 comments:

Mike (Didcot Wargames Club) said...

Lovely work! I really like the little touches of flock in the caves and entrance that you have done.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks Mike! Yeah I needed a little bit of color here and there to break up the monotony. The cave entrances, being exposed to sunlight got even more attention, albeit on the exterior side which in most cases will likely play very little part in a game.