Monday, November 14, 2022

Returning to the realm of the living...

 o/

They're just a little side project...

Yes, I alive again and as such I managed to get in a little bit of hobbying this past weekend. First up: I assembled my new squad of Demiurg allies to go with my Tau army. These will be used as an auxiliary support detachment which will cost me 2CPs and a bunch of special rules that I forget to use 99% of the time anyways. 

Droid on the left and some dude with bionic feet on the right. 'Hey, remember the day that Bob tried to dive to safety thru the airlock, but he didn't jump far enough because he's short and the blast door cut him off at the ankles?' I'm sure that there's some sort of story like that to account for his bionic feet. 

I've armed them with Ion Blasters which teams up nicely with the Tau allied theme, not to mention they pack a lot more of a punch (in exchange for range and rate of fire). The support troopers have an HYLas auto rifle and an L7 missile launcher. Plus there's a scanner dude and a medic. The leader is holding a plasma knife which sounds cool but has no stats as like the Tau's bonding knives, it's purely ceremonial. Because reasons. 

I also painted up another 15mm tank for my Quar. I intend to use the Bolt Action ruleset with these at some point with Frankie as my 'guinea pig' opponent (unless somebody else wants to try it out). They'll be fighting in my caverns terrain which ought to be interesting. 

It's a neat little self-propelled gun not at all outta place in a WWII-like army. It remains to be seen as to how well it'll work in a cave...

lol, with the hand on the head of the guy in the middle, it's almost like he's saying:
'Fuck, where'd that shot land?' 

Yes, I had to paint the crew separately and then glue them in place afterwards.

Fat little bastards barely fit into their uniforms it seems. 

They'd better correct their aim quickly, only 5 more shells left...



2 comments:

neverness said...

Welcome back to life. Did you order that plastic Quar kit that you showed us in chat?

Da Masta Cheef said...

It isn't out yet. Won't be available till sometime in 2023.