Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Gettin' back in to da saddle!

 o/

AD'MRAL ORKBAR!!

For Christmas this year, among other things, Screech gifted me with a bag of 11 3D printed Ork Freebooters. They'll serve as a half dozen Flash Gitz with the rest being folded with my meagre collection of boyz. Those footslogging Freeboterz are not pictured in this post as I had originally planned, as no one was available in my little gaming group to play this past weekend. 

Thus no battle report featuring their battlefield debut along with my new Warboss above. Currently the freebooterz are all packed up with the rest of my army in hopes of a game next week. We shall see...

I like the powered saw blades on the choppa, it's a very orky bit of pointless redundancy. 

This guy does suffer from being cavalry for obvious reasons. Meaning in most games he'll likely get picked off by enemy shooting before he ever get's da chance to deliver a good krump'n! That said, he's also a strong candidate for a glorious first turn suicide charge into the enemy lines (while no doubt yelling 'IT'S A TRAP!').

After assembling the new Freebooter minis a week or two back, I decided that Da Groop' finally needed a proper warboss, and the lackluster (at best) Krump and Pittance (2nd pic) were to be demoted to mere Big Mek. Da 'Noo' Masta Cheef who was featured in that link, was sold off some time ago because reasons. I don't think I liked his neatly trimmed rug-squig, or something of the like.

Da booty...well, both of them I guess.

Scanning ebay, I was hoping to find a beast boss mounted on a squigosaur equivalent and lo and behold, I found just that! He wasn't much cheaper than the actual GW model, but rather despite being both considerably larger and a superbly cast resin mini (looking at you Forgeworld), he clocked in at the same price as the new Ursula Creed model!

FORTY FIVE freaking dollars-what the actual fuck GW?!?!

Just like teenagers, Orks + texting = cracked tablet screens.

No idea on how close he stands on a 1:1 scale comparison with his GW counterpart as I've never seen a beast boss fielded (locally Ork armies are rarely seen on the table top which bodes well for their future combat effectiveness...).

Oh don't act surprised, you knew that sooner or later this blog would jump the shark!

Since the opportunity to game fell thru on Saturday, I instead painted up Ad'mral Orkbar and finished him up late Sunday evening. My first task in choosing a color scheme was to decide what color to paint his ride. Literally out of nowhere the old, Warzone purple sharks flitted into my mind and so purple is what I decided to do! It is rumored that Orks can't see purple which I would imagine would make climbing up on this beastie all the more difficult...