Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Need some opinions...

o/

I've wanted to add a missile team to my renegade IG for a while now, but next to the lascannon teams, the standard IG missile launcher looks too small (much like my FW heavy stubber team's gun). So I came up with this:


I just popped the barrel off of one of my much neglected lobbas, to try this out. But I'm not sold on it (worse case scenario at this point, I'm out a havoc & vox, the lobba can be reassembled with probably little if any repainting required).
Here's a side by side with one of the lascannon teams:

I would have to pop it off of the base to repaint & reposition the gun to allow room for the crew.

I still haven't decided what to paint next week. While heading over to Grandma's to get my dog yesterday, I realized that Hobby Lobby would actually be open when I past it (for once), so I stopped in & got some primer. So now I'm debating on whether to skip to the top of my list & paint my renegade lascannons & sabre platform next week instead of any of the projects I mentioned yesterday.

Decisions, decisions.....

5 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

It's not bad at all.

Another option could be a platform with the SM dread ML attached.

CounterFett said...

I think it's marvelous. Hate for you to lose a lobba, but it looks brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a very clever swap. The proportion looks right in comparison to the Las, and the aesthetic seems perfectly "traitor" for your lads.

For what it's worth, I say run with it.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks guys! I popped the carriage of of the base, scraped off the flock & selected two more guys for crew. I've decided to paint renegades next week, so I'll add this to the queue as a test model.

@sonsoftaurus: That could work too, but with the top portion of that being angled off, it might not look as symmetrical (not that chaos should be concerned with aesthetics).

@Counterfett: Well, I also have (1) Kannon, (4) Kans, (3) looted wagons with boom guns and a battlewagon to use as heavy support. So while lobbas are the best choice out of the big gunz options, they have been rarely used here lately.

@b.smoove: Yeah I like the idea of the traitors having the bulkier, obsolete equipment. Actually this conversion reminds me of the WWII German Nebelwerfer towed rocket launchers (and WWII-41st. millennium is VERY obsolete!).

It just occurred to me that I did have some old Ork 2nd. Splatta-Kanons made up as renegade ML teams, but sold them when I finished the first lascannon squad. I suppose I kinda regret that decision now.

slipwing said...

I agree with b.smooth. It looks pretty good. I like it.