Thursday, February 14, 2019

Tau Muppet Auxiliaries-Built and ready for action!


However Shas'Wut aside, paint has yet to be acquired...

Yeah they're not much to look at right now, especially as photographing bare metal, or minis primed with light colors wash out terribly due to the glare from the flash.

As you can see, I finally got my Tau Muppet Auxiliary Kill Team assembled. I got them a little over a week or so ago, but I had to wait to get some non-slotta bases for them prior to assembly. The slotta bases they come with leave a lot to be desired, and the tiny little tabs under their spindly little feet were best just removed altogether in my opinion. 

For those who are wondering just what the hell these are, you can refer back to my earlier fluff post on how these fit into the 40k universe (well, according to me anyways). 

I specifically requested that they all
be wearing helmets.
It took awhile to get my order set up as I placed a special order for these. As they're just 'toys' with no sense of urgency attached, I took my time and waited for Anthony at Zombiesmith (who apologized profusely when he admitted he forgot about my order), to get it all together. No worries though, despite being a small company their customer service has always been first rate, and I knew from prior special orders that such oversights on their part usually results in freebees, discounts or in this case: both!

These muppets on the other hand have kinda ugly helmets (as is
seen on the base of the one in front), so I left them bare headed.

As such I got a trio of technicians and a robot as freebees! These will be perfect for use as scenario objectives for my Muppet Kill Team. They're serve as Earth Caste Muppets and their accompanying 'drone' who presumably have wandered into harm's way and are in need of an extraction.

As for the robot, whilst there are several available, this one in particular is nowhere to be found on the Zombiesmith website. When I inquired about it, Antony just replied with a cryptic: The robots are coming... Woot! An advance release mini! I did use a slotta base for it as it's feet were so tiny I was afraid they'd snap off when removing the tab. 

Now I just need to get these guys painted up, along with everything else in my current paint queue, i.e.: the container, my Relictors (sorry Siph), and whatever else strays into view of my oh-so-short attention span.

6 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Patiently waiting for Relictor reinforcements... :) These look great for Kill Team and T'au Auxiliaries, really fun squad.

Waaargh Pug said...

Da orkses can't wait ta chop 'em ta bitz!

Such a cool friggin' idea man. Excited to see them painted up.

Monkeychuka said...

Cool that you got a free and exclusive miniature! Muppet bots roll out!

WestRider said...

I really do love this project. Muppets for the Greater Good!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks everybody!

@Siph: We're on our way (just need to steal a ship first)!!

@Waaargh Pug: Da boyz will never make it thru all of the supporting fire, lol.

@Monkey Chuks: I'd imagine it transforms into something less top heavy...

@WestRider: Not only for the greater good, but now being armed to the tooth they'll never have to worry about any broadcast funding cuts!

Mordian7th said...

Hah! Those are great - Looking forward to seeing 'em painted up!