Monday, April 26, 2010

Mustering for war...

One of our local players has been prepping for the Ard Boyz tournament here of late. He had kinda dropped of the face of the Earth for a while, and then came outta nowhere with a beautifully painted Ork army! (sorry, no pics of it) Its all red, clean bright & has a nice cohesive theme (the polar opposite of mine). I haven't played against his Orks, but was looking for something different & dropped him an email today to see if he wants to play. Despite several in the area, I rarely face an Ork Army around here (hint, hint...I know you guys are going to read this...), and would like to see how my DLWDG would stack up vs. a prospective Ard Boyz 'kontenda'.

I think he's been playing around 2k points, so I built a list accordingly, but checked the Ard Boyz 2010 roolz, and saw that it's point limit is set to 2500 points! So, going back to da' list, I pretty much hit the wall at 2250 points. I have a few random boyz I can scrounge up, and can proxy 4 Mega-Nobz (I only have 1 'Eleet' slot open after 2250pts) if he wants a full 2500 points (assuming he can play this coming weekend).

So I pulled Da boyz out, checked my math (which is always debatable)and lined them up for a group shot...


Ta Dah!

All told there's 74 Orks, 33 Grots, and nine vehicles, of which only 23 models aren't painted (about a third of them Grots)! This is very dangerous territory, as my loyalist IG army is about 5 minis short of a fully painted 1750pt. list. If I understand it correctly, having both fully painted Ork AND Imperial Guard armies at the same time (my WHFB O&C army is about 75% painted too) is like breaking one of the seven seals of the Apocalypse! Personally though, I think its more a sign of the abysmal economy. Paint is cheaper than new minis!

Anyways, Da Boyz iz ready, and if he can play on Saturday, then Orks WIN!

An' dats all dat matters!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great family photo. That's a lot of minis for 2000pts...

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks! Actually its 2250 but yes, even with vehicles, Orks are very much a horde!

Unknown said...

I think it is a good-looking army I just have a few orks and at most I have 1200 pts so another inspiration

Da Masta Cheef said...

That's out is starts though. I've never bought an army box, just started with some and a few years later there's Orks everywhere!

Might just be some truth to the Orks reproducing via spores concept...

Unknown said...

indeed it happens because my favorite army is SM Ultramarines I love blue but you will be hard pressed to find something about them in my blog mostly is orks here and there.

Da Masta Cheef said...

You like da bloo beakies cuz bloo's a lucky color!

I've recently sold a big chunk of my Dark Hands marines, and currently have a single scout squad that may one day (knock on wood) grow into a Marines Malevolent army. Personally though, i think Orks just have way more character than marines, and thus are more fun to post about.