Well, after working on it piecemeal over the past few months, my red Ork Trukk is finally finished! I kinda screwed up the gunner a bit. His head is positioned so that the arm supporting the big shoota almost completely blocks his line of sight. However with a BS of 2, its really rather immaterial as to whether an Ork can see his target or not before pulling the trigger.
On the Heavy Gear front, I've completed my first LHT-71. Well, actually this is my 2nd, the first came out so well, that approximately 24 hours after receiving my PAK starter army, it was bathing in some simple green to remove a bad paint job! The starter box didn't have any decals, and in trying to make my own, the numbers were too really be legible, so I opted for some I.G. numbers.
...and lastly, a bit of a correction on the Triceratops cast. It came from a museum in North Dakota (the name of which escapes me), whereas the actual Triceratops fossils on loan were from the Discovery Museum in the Shenandoah. Yeah I know, boring but should be noted.
I had Friday off, so I went to the Museum, and managed to drybrush the entire skull! It took me roughly 5 hours to do. The staff seemed to be pleased though, so it was worth it! They hope to have the whole skeleton ready for assembly in December. I think that i can do that, maybe. There sure is a lot of casts in the collections hall!
Here I am at about the halfway point. The top part of the snout & horn in back have yet to be drybrushed at this point, so you can sorta see the transition in color here.
What's On Your Table: Death Guard Warband
3 hours ago